Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chaperone

I was asked to volunteer for Rebecca's middle school Valentine's Day dance. She wasn't too happy about the idea. I tried desperately to stay away from her. I did manage to sneak a video of Rebecca and her group of friends doing a line dance. She finally spotted me and got furious. I let her be to have her fun. I did get a few pictures(thanks to a former student that took my camera for me).

It wasn't a horrible experience. They left the lights on and the kids were well behaved. I didn't have to use my umbrella to poke kids out of corners. I didn't even see any hand holding going on. What I did observe were some teenagers trying to figure out who they are and how they fit into the picture. It was obvious, to me, the different age groups. The sixth graders were awkward and the eighth graders to cool.


Mary, Lexi, and Rebecca

Lexi, Carly, and Rebecca

BFF's


0 comments: