I spent this past week in a teacher in-service offered by EdVenture. EdVenture is a children's museum located in front of the SC State Museum. EdVenture offers teacher inservices during the summer months. It was an interesting week. Here are some of the highlights:
- I learned more about brain research and how it applies to children.
- I learned what a worm likes/dislikes.
- I learned how to create a monster.
- I learned how to make a chemical reaction come out of said monster.
- I made paper.
- I learned about some great websites.
- I learned that Eddie is really huge!!
- I met some awesome new friends from Edgefield.
Not only did we have some hands on time, we also recieved some cool stuff to use in our classroom. Here is a list of my loot:
- Graduated cylinder
- Tabletop pocket chart
- Science Encyclopedia
- Book about Science experiments
- balance scale
- Book About Jake and the migration of butterflies.
- A science kit that includes: eyedroppers, magnets, magnifying glasses, bug catchers, color pads, and more.
- A world map
- A blow up globe
- safety goggles
- shower curtains to make word walls/graphs
- A set of books about weather
- A weather science kit
I also had the opportunity to get to know some of my new kindergarten team.
The Saxe Gotha Crew: