Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School

Rebecca started her 7th grade year today. It was a much calmer beginning that last year. She didn't have all of the bundled nerves. Just the attitude......Here she is in the clothes her Granna bought her for back to school:


As for me...I began my 23rd year of teaching. I am in kindergarten~my true love!! I had 17 shining faces come today. I have 19 on my roll, so I hope the other two show up. It was a typical first day of kindergarten. They came in very calm. The parents were great and helped unpack the kids bookbags. The highlight of the day was going for a hunt around the school to find Chester, the racoon, from the book The Kissing Hand. We met all of the related arts teachers, school nurse, and administrators along the way. Unfortunately, we were unable to find Chester. However, when we returned to the classroom, Chester had left us a kiss-of the Hershey nature. Yum Yum. I am happy to say that everyone made it home safely. 1 day down...179 to go.

0 comments: