Friday, September 18, 2009

The Weight Loss Journey

A month ago today, I started my weight loss journey. I was diagnosed with NASH liver disease and high cholesterol. I knew I had the cholesterol problem, but the NASH disease pushed me to finally do something about my weight.

I am not on a specific diet...just making healthier choices, cutting way back, drinking water, and cutting back on diet coke. I plan to begin my walking program on Monday.

To date...I have lost 15 pounds. I can tell in my clothes and when I see pictures of myself.
My goal..30 pounds by Christmas. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Megan Fletcher said...

You go girl! I'll be praying for you on this journey. By making better choices I bet you'll see not only weight loss, but something you can keep doing! I need to make some of those changes too. I can't wait to hear of your success.

Kai said...

Drinking more water has helped me control my hunger and cravings for junk food.

You do not need a strict diet unless you want very low body fat, but I'm assuming you just want to be healthy.

Keep up the good work and hope you'll reach your goal!