Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ingenuity

We had guests over the weekend. It's funny how we get things done around the house if we know we have company coming. This weekend was particularly important because one of my friends was coming. She is the type that does a COMPLETE house cleaning 2 times a year. She takes a room a day and cleans from top to bottom. Another person that came has a house that looks like it came straight from a magazine. Mind you, we have a nice home and I do keep it straight. However, I DON'T do a yearly top to bottom clean and I have a basic decorating style.

Now to the purpose of this post. We have an open foyer that goes all the way to the second floor. There is a ledge above the door. We don't own a ladder, so the ledge has never been cleaned. I gave Eric the challenge of figuring out a way to clean it. He rose to the occassion. He got his golf ball retriever and duct taped a pledge duster to the end. When he stood in the hallway upstairs, he could reach the ledge with his contraption. Boy was it ever dusty. Here is a picture of the dust he got off of it. Disgusting!!!

Eric stretching over to reach the ledge.

The nasty dust. I think it looks like a dead rat!!
We won't wait 3 years again to dust it. There's no telling what we might get done the next time someone comes to visit. Any takers?

1 comments:

Megan Fletcher said...

I would love to come visit you. Two of those women described are in my family and I love 'em both. I don't deep clean like A and I definitely don't have a house from a magazine like P. I think your description of your house sounds just like mine! You can leave your dusty dead rat right where he is and you and I can just sit and chat.