Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, America

While celebrating our nations birthday, I took some time to reflect on why I love America. Here are my top 10 reasons:
10. I can select who I marry. I couldn't have found a better mate. I love you, Eric.
9. I can have as many/little children as Iwant and it doesn't matter which sex they are. They'll be accepted by soceity no matter what. I love you, Rebecca.
8. I have the opportunity to work in a field that I love. My precious students are the future of this country. What better opportunity to shape and mold them.
7. I can have the friends I want.

6. I can go to the store and shop when I want to, not when the government tells me I have to.

5. I pay taxes to have great schools and communities to provide wonderful opportunities for my child.

4. I can travel, go to the movies, swim in my pool, scrapbook, or do anything I want to do.

3. I can worship the way I want to worship.

2. I have health care that allows me to live without the fear of disease.
1.I have brave men and women that fight for my freedom everyday. They make the ultimate sacrifice to enable me to live this wonderful life.



Our family had a low key Fourth of July. We attended the local Peach Festival and watched fireworks that night. We all enjoyed a dip in the pool~even the dog.

Eric and Rebecca enjoying the cool water.




Rebecca loves for Eric to throw her in the water.



Levi wasn't too sure about his ride.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said! Glad you had a happy 4th!