Thursday, September 18, 2008

Future Teachers

Rebecca was able to stay at school with me today for about 2 hours. Her school was on a late arrival schedule in order to give teachers time to get together and do some collaborative planning. She decided to come help me instead of sleeping late and letting her friend's grandmother take them to school. She wanted to get to know my kids.


She fell in love with them. I put her to work as soon as we got to school. She helped the children paint tree trunks for a fall tree project we're working on. Her friend, Lexi, came and helped after helping her mom in the office. Lexi took pictures of the kids for me and then helped Rebecca with the tree trunks. They really enjoyed helping out and want to come back next month on collaborative planning day. We welcome the help any time!!
Rebecca helping paint trees

Lexi and Rebecca help out

Rebecca couldn't wait to join in to do the chicken dance.

Doing her thaaannnggg

0 comments: