Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

We decided to go with an artificial tree this year. It's a basic 7.5 foot pre-lit tree. It was nice just opening the branches and fluffing a little bit. No fighting over putting on the lights.
Rebecca's Tree

We started early Saturday morning hauling everything down from the attic. Can you believe we have 16 rubbermaid tubs of Christmas decorations? Rebecca and I worked on the inside while Eric hung up the wreaths on the windows. (We're two short. Will have to pick some up this week.) Then we all gathered to put the ornaments on our tree. We have a tradition when we decorate the tree. Eric and I met at an Atlanta Braves game, so we put on a Brave's ornament first. Then Rebecca puts on her 1st Hallmark ornament.



I love putting all of the ornaments on the tree. It takes me down memory lane. I have some from former students, places we've visited, homemade by Rebecca, and gifts from co-workers. They all bring a smile to my face.

Our Main Tree

I love bringing out my Christmas china. When I selected my china pattern, I went with Lenox Eternal. Their holiday pattern co-ordinates with Eternal. My Aunt Cheryl added pieces of the holiday pattern each year for Christmas. I love setting my dining room table with the pretty china. If only I cooked and served food on the china.

The house is done and I LOVE sitting in the room with the lights off and the lit Christmas tree. There is just not a cozier feeling to me.
Levi after a rough day of decorating

My "S'more" Tree

Merry Christmas everyone.





0 comments: