Friday, January 15, 2010

I've Been Bitten By The Bug

I heard about the bug many years ago on my scrapbook message board. I elected to bypass the bug and go with a wish. A wishbladethat is. I thought I should go with the wishblade so that I didn't have to buy any more cartridges. ( I had already gone the Sizzix route and knew it could get pricey.) However, I never could catch on to the learning curve of the wishblade. On top of that, once Windows Vista came out, my wishblade wouldn't work with it. It has had very little use over the few years I have had it.

Fast forward to this year. There were several occasions when I really wanted the Cricut to cut some things for Rebecca's cheerleading squad. I finally bit the bullet after Christmas and purchased one off of EBay with my Christmas money.

I have gone on Ebay and purchased several of the cartridges at greatly reduced prices. The latest one came in just in time for me to make a birthday card for a c0-worker and my sister. After about an hour of meddling with the machine, I finally produced a card and an envelope. The frustrating part...it only turned out to be the size of a credit card. I gave it to the co-worker anyway and told her it was made with love. I adjusted and did something a little different for my sister's card. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

I have a long way to go, but I'm very excited about the possibilities.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They are fun and now you can make a cookie sheet calendar! :)