Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hands On, Minds On

I spent this past week in a teacher in-service offered by EdVenture. EdVenture is a children's museum located in front of the SC State Museum. EdVenture offers teacher inservices during the summer months. It was an interesting week. Here are some of the highlights:



  • I learned more about brain research and how it applies to children.

  • I learned what a worm likes/dislikes.

  • I learned how to create a monster.

  • I learned how to make a chemical reaction come out of said monster.
  • I made paper.
  • I learned about some great websites.

  • I learned that Eddie is really huge!!

  • I met some awesome new friends from Edgefield.


Not only did we have some hands on time, we also recieved some cool stuff to use in our classroom. Here is a list of my loot:




  • Graduated cylinder

  • Tabletop pocket chart

  • funnel

  • Science Encyclopedia

  • Book about Science experiments

  • balance scale

  • Book About Jake and the migration of butterflies.

  • A science kit that includes: eyedroppers, magnets, magnifying glasses, bug catchers, color pads, and more.

  • A world map

  • A blow up globe

  • safety goggles

  • shower curtains to make word walls/graphs

  • velcro

  • A set of books about weather

  • A weather science kit


I also had the opportunity to get to know some of my new kindergarten team.



The Saxe Gotha Crew:


0 comments: