Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tears

Okay. Anyone that knows me, knows that I cry very easily. It is a joke in my family that I cry at new store openings. (I'm really not THAT bad.) Well..I had a tearful moment on Friday.

A family in our neighborhood lost their house right before Christmas to a fire. They lost everything. They have been rebuilding on the same lot for a few months. I rode by the house on Friday night to see if they had moved in yet. There was a big banner on the front porch that said: "Welcome Home Jones Family". Well.... down came the tears for me.

I can't even begin to understand their loss. I don't even know what their house looked like before it burned. I just never drove down that road. They now have a beautiful home and can get their life back to normal.

Here's to you, Jones family!! Welcome home.

0 comments: