Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Eric



We went to eat at Fatz. Rebecca wound up having to go with us because our babysitting situation didn't work out as planned.





Eric and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary today. We met at an Atlanta Braves game almost 15 years ago. We were met with a lot of opposition about getting married from his side of the family. They said it wouldn't last. Not only has it lasted, but we continue to be perfect for each other.

Here are 13 things I love about being married to Eric:

1. He is a hard worker. No matter what the task is, he gives it 150% until it is complete.
2. He is a good listener. He will listen to all of my school stories and give advice about what I should do.
3. He isn't afraid to earn money. He will do odd jobs to make money to buy big ticket items that we might want. He just finished mowing a huge lawn, painting a tall set of stairs on the front of a house, and fixing a fence in exchange for an automatic pool cleaner.
4. He is an awesome cook. He can cook anything. He's definately much better at it than I am.
5. He helps clean the house. We work together to get the job done.
6. He is passionate about sports. He loves Dale Jr., the Boston Celtics, and Wrestling.
7. He is an awesome father. He helps run interference between me and Rebecca. He helps her study for tests. He is the funny, easy going parent. I love to hear them play games upstairs and laugh, shout, and go for the win.
8. He is amazing with chickens. He knows his business and has helped build two strong divisions with Columbia Farms.
9. He has a way with people. He can mingle with anyone. He can sell you dog pooop in a bag and you don't even realize it. He will give you the shirt off his back if you need it. Everyone loves Eric.
10. He lets me be me. He encourages my hobbies and time with friends.
11. He has helped make a wonderful home for us.
12. He is very giving. He wants to give rather than receive.
12. He's my hero.

I love you, Eric. I look forward to 13 and more years together.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations!!

Kaye said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!