Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School







The first day of school has come and gone. Being so swamped, I haven't had a chance to post about Rebecca's first day of middle school and my first day of kindergarten.




Rebecca has gone through several changes with the beginning of middle school. The first of which is that she went to school on the bus. Our school has several teacers with students attending Rebecca's middle school. We were lucky to get shuttle for our children to ride to and from school. Sadly, the bus was late on the first day. Not the best way to start off your middle school career(in the eyes of a 10 year old).


When she got back to my school in the afternoon, she came in complaining about how hot the bus was. She didn't want to ride the bus ever again. (Said with lots of drama!!) She also didn't feel good. About an hour after being home, she starting throwing up. She caught the stomach bug I had on Sunday and Monday.


My first day back in kindergarten was sweet. I have 22 precious children and an awesome assistant. Our kindergarten theme for the year is :Cooking up a great batch of learners. I got right back into the kindergarten mind set and bought my assistant and I a chef's hat and apron to wear on the first day. We wore them to lunch when the kids wore their chef hats. We were quite the bunch. I'm thrilled to be back in kindergarten!!


Speaking of kindergarten...my last group of students I taught here in S.C. are in the 6th grade with Rebecca. It's so hard for me not to go up and hug them. But that's a no, no in middle school.

1 comments:

Pamelia said...

I hope that you both have a GREAT year!!!