Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Registration

I just returned from registering Rebecca for middle school. It was a lengthy and expensive process. For some reason our school district charges school fees. I paid $60 for Rebecca's 6th grade fees. I then was sent to the yearbook table. Another $40. The next table in line...booster club. Another $75. On to the lunch line. I put $45 on her lunch card. That covers 20 days. Next I went to the PTO table. I purchased a school shirt. Another $10. Luckily, transportation doesn't cost anything. Turning in the health card didn't cost anything. WOW. It's expensive to be in middle school.

I was able to pick up her schedule. She is in class with her best friend, Lexi. She is also in class with one of my former students. I know she will have two good influences. She is in accelerated math, language arts, and social studies. They don't offer accelerated science. She is also taking drama, p.e., and spanish. It sounds like a full load. I'm sure she can handle it.

2 comments:

shirley said...

Our school fees doubled this year, from $40 per child to $80. And I had to shell out $20 for my DD to wear a hideous PE uniform!

Anonymous said...

wow! I thought $10 for a locker and $40 for parking was bad!!!Thank goodness we don't have fees like those