Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's a Small World

I am a huge fan of Facebook. I love being able to reconnect with high school friends, college friends, and people from the different places I have lived. I have moved quite a bit in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

Yesterday, I received a friend request from Shoni, someone I knew from college. As I was looking at her profile page, I noticed that we had several mutual friends. That didn't surprise me because they were people from college. However, there was one that DID surprise me. You see, Shoni lives in Georgia. The mutual friend is somone I know from living/teaching in South Carolina, Pamelia. Well, Pamelia and her family moved to Georgia about 7 years ago and she met Shoni through their sons. (Are you following this?) What are the chances of that happening?

When I sent Shoni a message about how she knew Pamelia, she called Pamelia immediately and Pamelia called me. Come to find out, Pamelia knows/works with one of my college roommates as well.

It truly is a small world.

Oh yeah, just in case you want to follow another storyline, here's another coincidence. When Pamelia and her family moved to Georgia, they moved to an area where I taught my very first year. I was right out of college and taught second grade. Pamelia's son, Logan(who I taught when he was in kindergarten), was going into the third grade. I called after the first day of school to see how it went. I was asking about his teacher and Pamelia said she was fresh out of college. I don't know what made me ask, but I asked what her name was. Come to find out, it was a girl that was in the very first class I taught. I felt very old!!

0 comments: