Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation-Day 1

Eric is one of a kind. About a month ago, he told me and Rebecca that we should take our stimulus rebate check and go to The Mall of America. Of course, being the shoppers that we are, we jumped on it!! We searched the internet for the best airline prices and hotel deals and the plans were in place.

We flew out of Atlanta because it was so much cheaper. Since our flight was at 6:15 in the morning, we drove down on Monday and spent the night. I took that opportunity to show Rebecca where I grew up.

We started off by going through downtown Atlanta. We saw the Olympic torch and Turner Field. We drove by the Krispy Kreme that my dad always took us to any time we went to an event downtown. The hot light wasn't on, so we didn't stop. From there, we found our way to an Atlanta icon~The Varsity!!! YUMMY. Rebecca took one bite of the french fries, held up her hands, and showed me the grease. I said "Welcome to the Varsity!" After lunch, we headed over to see the house I grew up in. Boy has that area changed. I took her by my elementary and high school. My high school has GROWN. It is now a AAAAA size school. It has pretty much tripled in size. Next, we headed to Perimeter Mall and walked around until my best friend from high school, Rebecca, called. We met her for dinner at The California Pizza Kitchen. It was yummy and the conversation was awesome. It was good to catch up with her. We hadn't seen each other in 3 years, but we didn't lack for anything to talk about.

We finally made it to the hotel around 9:00. It was right by the airport and we could see the planes lifting off out our window. Rebecca loved it. We timed the time between take offs. They were going out every 1-2 minutes. We finally went to sleep knowing that we had to be up at 3:45 the next morning. It was a great day. Rebecca loved Atlanta.
The 1996 Olympic torch


Turner Field~ Home of the Braves


Yummy! The Varsity.


My Childhood Home

I cheered many games at this stadium!!
Go Panthers.
Dinner with Rebecca

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! So this is a mother/daughter trip? I LOVE Eric's suggestion!! :)