Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mall of America-Day 1

We woke up at 3:45 this morning. Who knew there was life at that time of day? We took the shuttle bus to the airport. We checked in, went through security, and were an hour early for our flight. We ate breakfast at Chili's in the airport. We finally loaded the plane around 6:00. I thought Rebecca was going to bust a gut with anxiety. (I wonder where she gets that?!!) The flight went off without any problems. Rebecca enjoyed a window seat. I loved looking down on the clouds. They were beautiful. We took a nap for a little bit. The landing was smooth and we were in Minnesota. We retrieved our luggage, rented a car, and set out on our adventure.

Since it was so early, we couldn't get in the mall yet. Where does a girl go when she can't go to the mall? Target, of course. A GPS came with the rental, so Gwendolyn(yes mom, named after you) led the way. Guess what I bought? Stuff from the dollar bins for school. They had out their new stuff and I didn't want to miss out. : ) We ate a muffin at Starbucks and headed back to the mall.

We actually were in the group that opened the mall for the day. WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE. I have met my match at this mall. We didn't even finish the first floor today. Rebecca got some new shirts at American Eagle(great sale). We went to the Underwater Adventure Aquarium. We saw some cool fish. We started getting grumpy and realized we were hungry and tired. We ate at the food court and decided to go to the hotel and take a nap and return later.

Before leaving the mall, I went to the only store that carries Vera Bradley in the mall. They didn't have what I was looking for. They told me about another store in St. Paul that carries VB. I said, no problem, I have a GPS that will get me there. Well..... about an hour later and several wrong turns(much to Gwendolyn's dismay) I finally called information and got their phone number. I called and got directions. When I got there, they didn't even have any of the new patterns. I was soooo bummed. I waited until we got to Minnesota to buy it at my big item for the trip. Now I'll have to go back to Lexington to buy it.


After that, we headed for the hotel. Again, Gwendolyn did not do a good job. She took us on a wild goose chase around the block. However, human intuition took us right to the hotel. We checked in and crashed for about 4 hours. We were exhausted.


Rebecca has always wanted to order room service. I was so tired, I let her do it tonight. We had a scrumptious pizza. Rebecca was as happy as a lark.


We wound up just chilling for the rest of the night. Rebecca has her clothes and hairdo all planned out for tomorrow.

Day 2-Succcess!


Checking in at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport


Riding the tram to Concourse D


An Anxious Child-(That is true fear!!)

OMG~We're here!!

Trying out a bed at Brookstones. Rebecca loved playing with the toys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So FUN! I've never been to The Mall of America!! I take it this was Rebecca's first flight?? I hope you two are having a fabulous time!!!!

Amanda said...

No VB huh? Guess you'll have to find something else for your "big" purchase and then get the VB when you're back home :)